The question started coming back in October... Should I still get my Medical Marijuana Card if Marijuana is going to be legal for recreational use in January 2020?
It depends on whether any of these are important to you...
- Does your employer drug test or have a policy against marijuana?
- Do you want to pay 5% tax or 40% tax on your marijuana purchases?
- Do you want to Grow marijuana at home?
- Do you want to get arrested for carrying less marijuana on you?
- Do you want to use it to get high or benefit from a medical grade marijuana?
If the answer to any of these is "Yes" then it is probably worth while for you to get your Medical Marijuana Card in Illinois.